BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 4 December 2009

Paranormal Activity Trailer - some great ideas



This is a YouTube clip of a teaser tailer for the movie Paranormal Activity. This is an incredibly low budget scary movie that is having amazing success in the USA and is just being released here in the UK.

I saw this trailer today and think it is really excellent. It uses the idea of showing the audience reaction in the cinema to demonstrate how scary the movie really is. This works amazingly well. I want to go and see it !! I was planning on recording an audience watching my trailer to show how scary it is. This will attract a bigger audience if they see the fright the audience gets in the short video. Unforntunately I didn’t  have enough time.

There are some clips of the actual movie, but they don't tend to give too much away. One can see that the production values are not particularly high, as you would expect with a low budget movie. But, as Blair Witch Project readily demonstrated, you don't need high production values to produce a really gripping and very scary movie.

I have provide a link to a Guardian article about the movie here.

I will see if I can get any of the ideas into our trailer before the deadline.

0 comments: